HAZARD IDENTIFICATION AND RISK ASSESSMENT
About the course
Many workers are injured and killed at the workplace every day in the United States. Safety and health add value to business, your job, and your life. Workplace injuries and illnesses can be prevented by looking at workplace operations, establishing proper job procedures, and ensuring that all employees are trained properly. One of the best ways to determine and establish proper work procedures is to conduct a Job Hazard Assessment.
You will learn
Fundamental of a Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment Program.
- Identify your workplace hazards
- Systematically evaluate workplace hazards
- Assess and manage risks
- Implement risk controls to mitigate exposures.
Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment Program will ensure employees will be trained in the hazard identification process. Pre-job hazard identification requires the following steps:
- Identifying the hazards associated with a particular task or job.
- Identifying the hazards associated with a new worksite/environment.
- Identifying the required controls designed to either eliminate or mitigate the hazards so that they cannot result in loss.
- Implement the required controls, through: effective communication and training of workers as to the location/nature of the hazards and required controls, development of task-specific procedures, provision and use of required equipment
- eliminating, barricading and identifying hazards.