About the course
Employers and safety committees are required to investigate or assign responsibility for investigating accidents. Trained individuals, with the primary focus of understanding why the accident or incident occurred, will investigate accidents/incidents and what actions can be taken to preclude recurrence. The focus will be on solutions and never on blame.
You will learn
Incident investigation Procedure, including Investigation Team, Investigation Terms of Reference, how to conduct incident investigations, writing and Incident Investigation report and communicate actions and lessons learned.
The training includes
- Types of incident, accidents requiring an investigation
The content is designed to ensure your workforce is aware of the types of incidents, accidents and near misses in the workplace, understanding the severity of the incidents and being able to respond and take immediate actions in terms of reporting the incident. Training requirements relative to incident investigation and reporting shall include the following:
- First Responder Responsibilities
- Initial Investigation at the Accident Scene
- Managing the Accident Investigation
- Collecting and analyzing data
- Identifying systems and root causes
- Developing Conclusions
- Judgments need
- Reporting the Results
- Communicate lessons learned